Thursday, June 10, 2010

Week 10.2

This one is another abstract typography piece. For this assignment, I had to create a composition based on a word, "playful." So I ran with it.

Both the colors and typefaces were chosen for their playfeel feel. Bright colors, and a lot of them, are often reminscent of children, and are therefore looked upon as either childish, playful, or both. The glyphs from the chosen typefaces were chosen solely on their shapes: they weren't like the most common typefaces are, that have a very simple, clean aesthetic to them. These typefaces played with the shapes, and I used them because of that.

As for the composition of the piece, I placed each element at the top of the format, at different sizes, and set them apart from each other, all in order to create an airy atmosphere. Playfulness is often related with a carefree attitude, so I wanted to give off that vibe, as well. It came out looking like some of the elements may have been jumping, which I think helps to show off playfulness, as well. I think the theme showed through well, and therefore it is a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment